Lets "Chalk" about Granny B Old Fashioned Paint.
Dijon - mustard yellow chalkpaint
Our paint is formulated to be low in VOC's, is Lead Free, so it's safe for kids and has excellent adhesion properties !
No prior preparation or sanding is required in order to achieve amazing results when painting over glass, metal, wood, ceramic, enamel, melamine, fabric (yes fabric !) and more !
In fact even with slight dings and dents on the existing piece to be painted, the look is enhanced when using our product.
Our product is so easy to use even if you are just starting out or you're a fully fledged professional.
Once dry, the finish will be a matt, chalk- like finish.
It's great for creating vintage, old fashioned or chalk paint matt finishes.
You'll notice the most popular brands of true chalk-effect paints maintain a very select palette usually in the region of between 30 and 40 colours. As the beginner progress to more advanced skill levels even further joy is derived by mixing your own unique colours from those in your collection.
- Shake the product well.
- A silicone bristle brush is preferable as there is very little fibre loss.
- Allow approx 30mins between coats.
- It's normal for lighter colours to require more coats than darker colours.
- To thicken the product, simply leave a small amount to dry slightly, creating an impasto.
- To thin the product simply add and mix water, this technique is used for whitewash effects.
- The finished product is quite porous and you may want to seal it with our water-based varnish, which will provide a satin finish, enhancing the colour of your project.
- To clean your equipment, simply use warm soapy water.
- Please remember to seal your paint pots, as air will dry out the product.