Lets "Chalk" about Val du Charron Chalkpaint
Get all of the colours in the collection + FREE Handpainted colour chart
Our latest collection of chalkpaint is a stunning collaboration between Granny B's Old Fashioned Paint, and renowned SA artist; Magriet Kruger, better known as the artist who paints as Val du Charron.
We've brought you Val du Charron's original colour palette in the form of the tried and tested Granny B's formulation, beautifully packaged in 250ml packaging.
This collection instantly and very affordably gives you access to a new world of colour. Anyone can afford to purchase the full collection, and when paired with your favourite Granny B's shades... there is no need to look any further at all.
Our paint is manufactured to the highest possible standards and exceeds quality standards previously set by established international and local brands.
Our product is easy to work with and does not necessarily require any prior sanding or pre-prep !
You just paint and have fun...
It glides on the surface like silk, and is so easy to use that even if you're just starting out you'll find our paint to be so easy to use.
Our coverage is also excellent with approximately 12 to 14 square metres coverage per litre
(Dependent on colour choice and surface condition that is to be painted)
In most cases preparation is very little and quite often none is required. The paint is a primer!
There are certain issues which will affect all water-based paints, and especially porous paint like chalk-finish paints.
The following surfaces will require cleaning, ideally with an eco-friendly paint stripper or brush cleaner:
- Oiled, waxed, or surfaces sealed with oil-based varnish
- Dark or yellow woods like pine, imbuia, teak etc. In these cases, a stain-block is recommended to ensure that the natural tannin or stain does not yellow your paint
- Generally when painting antique pieces, we do recommend cleaning and application of stain-block
- Stir the product well.
- A silicone bristle brush is preferable as there is very little fibre loss.
- Allow approx 45mins between coats.
- It's normal for lighter colours to require more coats than darker colours.
- To thicken the product, simply leave a small amount to dry slightly, creating an impasto.
- To thin the product simply add and mix water, this technique is used for whitewash effects.
- The finished product is quite porous and you may want to seal it with our water-based varnish, which will provide a satin finish, enhancing the colour of your project.
- To clean your equipment, simply use warm soapy water.
- Please remember to seal your paint pots, as air will dry out the product